Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Miss You Daddy

Dear Daddy,

I enjoyed the time that we shared together. You gave me so many things for which to be thankful, but your unconditional love is what I am most thankful for. Without it, I would not be the woman that I am today.

I am proud to be your daughter and I can’t wait to see you again.

Love,

J



As you know, our father recently passed away and this blog is dedicated to him. Today I miss him more than usual, if that is humanely possible.

He was a simple man so when asked what he wanted for Father's Day he would ALWAYS say nothing, he has everything he needs. So, we always just took him to lunch. I still remember what he wore last year. When he walked into the restaurant he looked so handsome that I almost cried. I don't have a picture but it is etched in my memory forever. I do have the shirt that he wore and every once in a while I smell it and hold it close to me. It takes me back to that day and I can still hear his laughter.

I'm crying as I write this even though, before he died, he told me not to be sad because he has lived a blessed life and none of us are here to stay. So, it won't spend the entire day crying because "my daddy didn't want that".

1 comment:

  1. It's ok to cry J. I miss him too. I think about him every single day. I wish that he could have met Marley. He would be cracking up right now knowing that Marley got his "bad attitude" from me.

    Remember how much he loved to laugh and tell stories? And how he could find a way to make you remember people that you hand't seen in 30 years and how EVERYONE was your "cousin"?

    He was such a good dad and I miss him so much. I'd go on and on...but as you know, "my daddy didn't want that".

    ReplyDelete